The Five Marks of Mission of the Anglican Communion…
- To proclaim the good news of the kingdom (Tell)
- To teach, baptise and nurture new believers (Teach)
- To respond to human need by loving service (Tend)
- To transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and pursue peace and reconciliation (Transform)
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.(Treasure)
The Mission of the MU is to show our Christian faith by the transformation of communities world-wide, through the promotion of stable family life and the protection of children.
Through prayer and action members of Mothers’ Union help to fulfil the Anglican Communion’s Five Marks of Mission, locally and globally.
As the church’s largest worldwide organisation, Mothers’ Union…
- bears witness to the gospel as a worldwide Christian fellowship united in prayer, worship and service.
- creates teaching and nurturing resources for prayer and worship, also skills and education programmes to strengthen families and communities.
- tenders loving service by offering helping hands to those whose family life has met with adversity and people who are facing challenging circumstances.
- helps to transform the unjust structures of society by working with United Nations to advocate for families, to challenge gender violence and support the ‘voiceless’.
- strives to treasure and safeguard the earth for future families by raising awareness of environmental issues and by supporting responsible initiatives.